Sunday 31 January 2010

Welcome to #!/bin/bash blog


As anyone who uses a 'nix based system will tell you, it doesn't matter how much research you do, there'll always be a fair few tasks along the way that require a fresh look at ye good olde Google to solve. This is the absolute one thing you need to not be afraid of if you intend to be a daily user on the desktop. Typically when I find a solution I'll apply it and then somehow manage to completely forget all about it in fairly short order. This necessitates a rehash of the entire solution finding session when I next come to set up a system.

Pain!

So I suppose this blog is really more for me than for anyone else, it'll be a handy place to store info any fixes/tips/cool programs that I find along the way. Who knows, maybe it'll also help a fellow user at some point...

1 comment: